Fly Tying

The Fly Tyer of the Year!

Once again I want to thank all of the participants who took the time to enter flies into this years contest. Over 400 flies were submitted making this an awesome event. I have tried to design this contest so that is unlike anything ever done before and the amount of participation really made all my work worthwhile. I hope you all enjoyed participating and I hope that it challeged you to reach a higher level of skill and technique. Each and every fly that was submitted was very well done but since this is a contest we had to choose the 2004 Fly Tyer of the Year.

The 2004 Fly Tyer of the Year award goes to calebB and his amazing Dry Fly. calebB is now the proud owner of a bamboo fly rod that was custom built Carl and is something that I am sure he will cherish for a lifetime. Going back and looking through calebB's previous posts I see that he is only 15 years old and ties for a few local shops! Not only did his dry fly get 81 votes for the dry fly category and most votes for "Best Overall" but his entire collection of contest flies performed extremely well with a couple of 2nd place finishes.

Congratulations calebB, you tied a terrific fly you should be quite proud. I will be contacting you soon about the shipment of your new bamboo rod.

user posted image

Congratulations CalebB!!!! headbang.gif

You deserve it!! I voted for your dry fly it was the best, most interesting, eye catching, inspiring fly and rightly so you've won the honorable distinction of Fly Tyer of the Year 2004!!!!

I'm very happy for you!

Best Regards,

Damian (CapeBSalar)

CalebB

That is an awesome fly. The fact that you are only 15 years old, I can hardly wait to see how great you will be tying at 20 !! Enjoy that bamboo rod. You earned it !!

BFR

great job and congratulations, keep up the good work, I am sure we'll be seeing more of your work in the future

Congratulations Caleb! Thank goodness few others don't know your age, might make some of us 'seasoned citizens' take up chess!

Well done!

rolleyes.gif WOW. I just passed out!! I am extremely humbled, this is something. Don't know quite what to say. Thanks you all for all the votes. Congratulations to all the other winners for an amazing contest; especially plumbob. He has been my mentor and helped work out alot of my tying problems.

Thanks to all again!

Caleb biggrin.gif

Thats a great fly bud and I had no idea you were 15 thats even more impressive, good for you your gonna have one heck of a rod to show off to the old guys that see ya on the stream wink.gif cool.gif congrats

SD

Awesome fly. Love the wing work. Well deserving in the distinction. Congrats, hope you enjoy the rod. headbang.gif