Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Washington Fly Fishing

Most of you guys here dont know me since I most more in the Salt threads, but we are considering a trip to Washington in the summer. What would be our best bet in the summer, I dont think steelhead are available but of course we have those on our #1 list. Interested to hear what you guys think, please respond!

Where in Washington State are you headed? There is a wide variety of fishing available all over the state. There is summer steelhead fishing going on now in the Columbia tributaries. I suggest you contact fly fishing stores in the area where you are headed. If you are going to Seattle check in with Patrick's Fly Shop patricksflyshop.com

I looked at the Klickitat river since it has big steelhead as well as Chinook salmon. I don't know what I'm looking for obviously, but the Klickitat made a good first impression. Also the lodge I looked at was the Reds fly shop lodge, which looked nice, but a little too nice for my tasting

If you are looking in that area I think I would suggest the area around Longview/Kelso. Many more rivers within driving distance and motels at reasonable prices. The Cowlitz is one of the top Steelhead rivers on the West Coast.

If you are looking in that area I think I would suggest the area around Longview/Kelso. Many more rivers within driving distance and motels at reasonable prices. The Cowlitz is one of the top Steelhead rivers on the West Coast.

I am way to late to the game here, but ditto on the Cowlitz. A lot of good swinging water from the hatchery down. However, expect a lot of company.

The Kalama is a good bet, too! The fish are very receptive to the bug patterns.

Most of the Columbia tribs (eastside of the mountains) will probably be closed

If the Skykomish is open for summer runs...