Fly Tying
flytire

peacock eye feathers

free feathers

vgK5UQr.jpg

VszHnv9.jpg

i have a bunch of peacock eye feathers that i will never use up in my time left fly tying

i am offering 4 peacock herl eye feathers to established members of the forum. free

i have 8 sets of four feathers each to give away. be aware that not all feathers are perfect.

some may have smaller eyes than others. theres still some good herl left to tie up some flies

i used some herls to tie this alexandra streamer. not bad looking herls

g9nQ2BW.jpg

please do not register on the forum today just because you saw free materials (sorry for being excusively picky)

so established members, please respond here if you want some. a snail mail address can be sent to me in a private message (pm) dont post it here.

please allow other established forum member to participate in this give away if you have received free items in the past.

i am waiting for long skinny bubble pack envelopes. when they arrive i'll ship out the feathers

lower 48 states only.

be aware that not all feathers are perfect.

The price is. A great offer for someone.

Are the fronds from up near the eye preferable to those from lower down on the stalk? Great give away Norm. You're swell egg.

Are the fronds from up near the eye preferable to those from lower down on the stalk? Great give away Norm. You're swell egg.

Yes, they tend to be thinner stalk to the fibres and make a heel body lovely and iridescent. I like the main stalk ones for stripping off the herl and winding bodies on dries etc. They are all perfectly usable but the eye end are just the best bit.

members receiving so far

joshpilon

casual anngler

rick zeiger

mike west

jc hopperaire

chugbug27

stabgnid

one more pack and thats all i have