Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Consumer Cellular

5 replies to this topic

#1 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:22 PM

anybody use this cell phone service?

i'm thinking of switching from Google FI cell service and maybe switching to an iphone

not many services offer just a single line

Some of the worst car accidents happen on the showroom floor

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:20 PM

Wife and I have been Verizon customers for 2 decades or more.  We each have our own line.  Mine is ONLY for the phone.  No text, no internet, etc.  $25.00 a month.  Her's is full service, with all the bells and whistles.  $80.00 a month.

We stay with Verizon because of my travels.  I am rarely "out of range".  I get service everywhere I go.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:53 AM

Actually I've never heard of it, so.. Like mikechelle long time Verizon (since whenever they bought out Alltel-was with only Alltel prior)   for the same reason, almost always get a signal, and I live in an area with spotty reception for other companies and Alltel had nationwide coverage way back when we first got cells, so travel was never a problem.We've never paid a roaming fee.

#4 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:01 AM

They use AT&T and T-Mobile networks so there should not be any problems there. They seem to offer basic phone service plans and data plans. Not sure how much data you use but with a smart phone you will use far more then you think so don't short change yourself on the data side. I do reccomend iPhones. Generally I'm not a fan of Apple but the iPhone has better encryption with vetted and safer apps. Android phone apps are the Wild West of data mining.

#5 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:46 PM

My wife switched to Consumer but now wishes she had stayed with Net 10.  Customer support is not that good, and there are better prices at Net 10 and Tracphone.  

"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#6 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

i had tracfone when i worked at the submarine manufacturer because i needed a phone that  had no cameras in it. we were not allowed phones with cameras

tracfone and net10 only has iphone6 available. i'm looking for a little bit higher model

Some of the worst car accidents happen on the showroom floor

Reply to this topic