Fly Tying
Papa Baske

Sorting topics

Is there a way to weed out topics from a particular user. I find it a bit distracting when +20 percent of the topics on the first page in a forum is from the same user.

TIA

Papa ... you can choose to ignore post and topics from a particular user, but it won't actually sort out the forum lists. If anyone else answers said posts or topics, they'll still show up highlighted on the forum.

Click on the drop down by your name, at the top.

Click on "Manage Ignore Prefs".

Type in the screen name of the person you don't want to see.

You can always go back in an change your preferences. Also, if you are in a thread, and there's been a post by that screen name, you will get a notification bar that tells you you're ignoring, and asks if you want to show the post anyway. So, you can still opt to read certain posts without dropping the general "ignore".

Ah ok. Thanks any way Mike. I think it will be even more anoying if the posts is still there and on top of it will be highlighted. Guess i'll have to live with it.

Ah ok. Thanks any way Mike. I think it will be even more anoying if the posts is still there and on top of it will be highlighted. Guess i'll have to live with it.

PB, there is a way to select the topic you follow, if you look at upper right of your screen, click New topics, then look at extreme lower left of screen, and you can choose topics you wish to follow. For instance if the Swaps generate too much traffic in which you are disinterested, just go in and pick the topic (s) of your interest. The default is ALL topics

Hoping I am not your offender and I apologize here and now. If so,this problem is going to take care of itself. Cabin fever is about to end.

ps. If posting too much was against the rules Chell and I would already be Banned....

PB, there is a way to select the topic you follow, if you look at upper right of your screen, click New topics, then look at extreme lower left of screen, and you can choose topics you wish to follow. For instance if the Swaps generate too much traffic in which you are disinterested, just go in and pick the topic (s) of your interest. The default is ALL topics

Hoping I am not your offender and I apologize here and now. If so,this problem is going to take care of itself. Cabin fever is about to end.

ps. If posting too much was against the rules Chell and I would already be Banned....

First of all i would like to say, nobody posts too much. It's just a case of a lot of posts where the contents doesn't have my interest at all. I'm sure a lot of other users find them interesting. That's why i was looking for a way to easily weed them out. Not that big of a deal to be honest. And no it's not you, and nobody needs to apologize :) It's not like any rules have been broken or anything. Simply no interest from my part. And like you say, the problem will take care of it self. With a lot of work in the next 3-4 months and my main target species waking, namely the carp, it will unfortunately be a lot less time i spend on the forum. Hopefully i'll have a little time to check the forums from my phone, when i am laying in my bivvy at night waiting for the next fish to pick up my bait :)

First of all i would like to say, nobody posts too much. It's just a case of a lot of posts where the contents doesn't have my interest at all. I'm sure a lot of other users find them interesting. That's why i was looking for a way to easily weed them out. Not that big of a deal to be honest. And no it's not you, and nobody needs to apologize :) It's not like any rules have been broken or anything. Simply no interest from my part. And like you say, the problem will take care of it self. With a lot of work in the next 3-4 months and my main target species waking, namely the carp, it will unfortunately be a lot less time i spend on the forum. Hopefully i'll have a little time to check the forums from my phone, when i am laying in my bivvy at night waiting for the next fish to pick up my bait :)

You are a man with a great PLAN

Hahaha lets hope the plan goes well. The target this year is a 15kg (33lbs) carp from two connected lakes totaling about 175 acres with depths to 30 feet. Just invested in an electric motor for my inflatable boat and hopefully will be able to buy an echosounder within the next month or two. Hoping that will help me place my baits in the right places. There is also really nice Zander in there, so i might have to give that a go also

Is there a way to weed out topics from a particular user. I find it a bit distracting when +20 percent of the topics on the first page in a forum is from the same user.

TIA

I hear ya there! You can post more than 1 weird useless(though pretty I guess) fly in a thread!