Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Caddis for Christmas Swap

Caddis flies only

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#16 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Where did my post go? I put up a post last night and now it is gone..ph34r.png  oh well, I am tying a variant of the higenaga dry caddis. The fly is a bit messier and spread out but apparently they like 'em that way.rolleyes.gif  Hope this one gets through the space full of too many micro waves.

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns

#17 Fletchfishes

Fletchfishes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

I've been struggling to pick a pattern.  Hoping to tie something unique but effective.  However, all attempts at innovation (or simply copying some of the more unique patterns) has results in flies that are less effective than my favorites.  I'm going to stick with what works even if it's a little boring.  

I'll tie an X2 Caddis and might round it out with some another life stage or two if a have the time.

-Dave

#18 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

My wife got you a bottle of "I Dare You Stupit" ( name is misspelled) from Ed at the Christmas show. I will send it with the flies.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#19 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

I've been struggling to pick a pattern.  Hoping to tie something unique but effective.  However, all attempts at innovation (or simply copying some of the more unique patterns) has results in flies that are less effective than my favorites.  I'm going to stick with what works even if it's a little boring.  

I'll tie an X2 Caddis and might round it out with some another life stage or two if a have the time.

Flies that catch fish are always my favorites!

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#20 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Where did my post go? I put up a post last night and now it is gone..ph34r.png  oh well, I am tying a variant of the higenaga dry caddis. The fly is a bit messier and spread out but apparently they like 'em that way.rolleyes.gif  Hope this one gets through the space full of too many micro waves.

Maybe too much interference in the air from Toronto eh?

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#21 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

I have finished my flies, they are wild and crazy but they are suppose to be. I'll get them in the mail when the rain and wind stops.

#22 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hey Shoes. why don't you tell us how you really feel? blink.png

Professori, your flies arrived, great job.  Thanks for the extras.  Your box was broken on arrival, will replace it for the return trip. cool.png

Fishing Bob

#23 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

ok I changed the post, but fishybob it sure felt good. lol  cool.png 

#24 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

ok I changed the post, but fishybob it sure felt good. lol  cool.png 

You didn't have to do that.  We are just so glad in the States that the guy is in Canada and not here for a change.

Fishing Bob

#25 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ok my flies are in the mail and with the storm winds coming they may get there early.

#26 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

I need an address please.

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#27 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Mine are in the mail.

#28 Christopher K

Christopher K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

Really sorry guys but I'm going to have to drop out, but J-Kno has agreed to take my place.

#29 J-Kno

J-Kno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Would love to step in with the SM's blessing, of course.

-J-Kno

#30 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Works for me, thanks for the PM J

Fishing Bob

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Caddis flies only