Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Throw your hat in the ring

I am looking for volunteers here. Going to appoint one person to me a moderator of just the fly swaps forum. The swaps and swap forum will be your only Mod duty. This way it will help all future swaps run smoothly with one mod being able to oversee all the swap issues that may come up as well as making sure SM's and swappers follow through on time with swaps.

Qualifications-

Must be an active member for at least 2 years.

Must have hosted at least 3 swaps of your own as SM as well as been a swapper in three other swaps.

Must be willing to work for free, deal with people complaining without slapping them, and enjoy the aggravation & headaches that come with dealing with others online ;)

If you'd like to be considered for this just reply here and after we have a number of guys myself and the other mods will decide who gets the punishment ....errr...honor of being the swap mod.

free cookies, company car and 3 week paid vacation? smile.png

active member since 2004

9300+ posts

participant in many swaps

I have some cookies from Christmas you can have, might be a little stale by now. Far as company car...Mike travels all over the country so just stand at the end of your driveway with your thumb out and he'll be by at some point tongue.png

1.vicente

2.flytire

Just as a note...I am mod on a fairly big board right now and have modded on a couple of now defunct boards (I hope not because of me). I am retired, swaps are one of my favorite forms of recreation on here and elsewhere and am familiar with the good and the bad of forums and swaps. I check this board and others virutally every day and it is one of my semi-house bound ways of preserving what sanity I have left. I have outgrown the need to argue and bicker over pettiness and hate to see it carried from normal life into the cyber world. I have tied enough different kind of flies in different types of swaps for different types of waters I can get an understanding of what most swappers or Swapmeisters are looking for.

So yes, I'll throw my hat in the ring,

Nick, AKA vicrider, bassman, vicrider66, WF10F and "Oh, it's him again"

stale cookies, carpooling that aint gonna happen and no 3 week paid vacation! smile.png

i see the handwriting on the wall so i'll take my hat out of the ring. it was a long shot anyway

Honestly I think even just the two of you (vicente & vicrider) are good enough because you two are both guys I fully respect and would have zero probs welcoming onto the staff here to be honest. We'll leave this open for a couple more days just to see if anyone else want to jump in, but I really appreciate both you guys offering. Means a lot and you're both MORE than qualified IMO.

Retract my statement.I have not hosted 3 swaps.