Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Tying Emergers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 WYKnot

WYKnot

I may be retired....BUT YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON TIME FOR MY SWAP MAGGOT...NOW DROP AND GIMME 20!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:03 AM

Schollmeyer and Leason have another release, a book entitled Tying Emergers. Have any of the forum members purchased this have this book, or had the chance to review it? I am a fan of the Benchside Reference, just wondering if this more recent release is of the same technical quality.
Russ Forney

#2 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:20 AM

Got it and it's excellent!!!!!!!!

Great step-by-step. Awesome photography

I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#3 WYKnot

WYKnot

I may be retired....BUT YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON TIME FOR MY SWAP MAGGOT...NOW DROP AND GIMME 20!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:24 PM

I appreciate the reply Shoe, did you find it online or local? I'm getting my Christmas list ready.
Russ Forney

#4 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:04 AM

Actually, I bought it through GCO.

I see Amato Books is offering it.
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#5 atroutbum2

atroutbum2

Swapaholic wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:59 AM

i bought both books, the emerger book is the same material that is in the benchside refrence book, just condensed in one place with a bunch of emerger pattterns included. i think both books are great
If a man speaks in the woods, and no woman is there to hear it. Is he still wrong?

Stupid should hurt.

#6 mgj

mgj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:15 AM

the book is simply fantastic.
if there's a better pattern book out there I haven't seen it.

you'll (possibly) recognize some of the contributors from other boards.

I'm actually flipping through it as I type, trying to settle on a pattern for the emerger swap.

mgj

#7 rscconrad

rscconrad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:25 PM

Okay,

You guys convinced me. Just got off Amazon.com nd ordered it.

Does it bother anyone else that you can get it cheaper from Amazon than you can from the publisher.

I buy a lot of music instruction DVD's and its the same thing.

Anyway I am sure I will enjoythe book.

RObert

#8 WYKnot

WYKnot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:33 PM

Well, it is on Santa's list. Now, if he just has a little room among the coal and switches, I should be golden.
Russ Forney

#9 Todder

Todder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 06:32 PM

I don't think you will disappointed if you get it. I picked up a copy last May and absolutely love it.

If Santa doesn't bring it, I would suggest ordering it.

#10 WYKnot

WYKnot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 07:25 PM

I already ordered it, thought Mrs. Claus might need some help.
Russ Forney

#11 WYKnot

WYKnot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 05:59 PM

Mrs. Claus came through again. Great book!
Russ Forney

#12 tightlines

tightlines

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:29 PM

I highly recomend this book for anyone who is looking into tying emergers