Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

RIO Fly Line?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jbrowning

jbrowning

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:29 PM

Has anyone used a RIO Warmwater All Purpose Fly Line? The box says it is sand colored Warmwater All Purpose Fly line WF7FW. I was wondering if I would have a use for it here in Colorado. I went to a fly fishing club meeting tonight and won it as a door prize. It was either this or a T-shirt that was 2 sizes too small for me. laugh.gif

Thanks
Jim

#2 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 07:53 AM

You did good with that fly line, I have never tried Rio products but like the colour. I am interested to find out more about Rio as well. Am I wrong or do they also make Frog Hair leader material?
My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#3 nightfish

nightfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:48 AM

Frog Hair is made by Gamma Technologies.

The Warmwater Rio line will probably be too stiff in the cold streams of CO, but there's plenty of warmwater lakes/ponds on the Front Range where it would come in handy.

#4 jbrowning

jbrowning

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. I normally fish the lakes on the eastern plains anyways. So I don't think I would have much problem with it. But a 7 wt for our little bass and bluegills just seems to be overkill if you know what I mean.

Jim