Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Is there a better place to buy...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hexfli

hexfli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:22 PM

tying materials online than feather-craft.com? That place is the best, great selection, great prices, and awesome service. Thoughts?

Eli
-Love'em and Leave'em

-Whip it and Strip it-

Eli

Trophy Flies for Trophy Fish @ GreatLakesFly.com

SMALLIE-FEST 2010-May 21/22/23 2010-Huron County Michigan-BE THERE

"A little luck never hurt any fisherman..." ~Sig Hanson

#2 sore arm

sore arm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:59 PM

I have used traditional angler and have been very happy with them. Another one is hook and hackle. I have never used them but I like to "monitor" shop there. I got a nice shop near me so I dont buy online that often. Traditional angler has beads in 100 packs which I'm a big fan of. Hope this helps.

#3 wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter

Hello my names Brent...and i'm a Swapaholic,but i can quit anytime i want..really!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:11 PM

I'm not much of a Traditional Angler fan. They will ship out what they have in stock and not back order anything.So if you have a big order you may get half of it sent to you.Would be nice if they posted what was out of stock when you ordered it mad.gif But they do have good prices.
Hook&Hackle gets my vote! They will back order items if not in stock and not charge your credit card until the items are shipped. They have some of the lowest prices on the net and the only site that i've seen sell skiens of chenille.Also 20% off internet orders including hooks.
http://www.flytyersd...n.com/index.htm would be a #1 pick on getting your moneys worth on what materials he offers.
Brent.