Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Temple Fork Outfitters Ticr rod

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kodiak Commando

Kodiak Commando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

I just bought one of these rods to use for red and pink salmon. I read lots of review that said for the money these are the best value rods on the market. Do I agree? HECK YEAH headbang.gif These rods are made in china where labor salary is much less so the claim is that these rods are comparable with much higher priced american based rods and i agree with that claim. Every time i casted this thing i thought abour pinching myself to see if the price was a figment of some sort of dream. The thing is as smoth on the cast as my highter priced sage rods and since it is made with titanium it's much more durable and comes with a lifetime warranty, wow. Now i see why when left kreh tested the rods he voluntarily decided to endorse. This 200 dollar rod compares with a lot of my other rods witch are around 400 bucks! I would definetely recomment this rod to anybody whether they are on a budget or not.
I wish my first words when i was born were quote so right before I died I could say unqoute-stepen wright

#2 Jimmy Aw

Jimmy Aw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:17 AM

Hi friends,

I have to affirm too on the great after sales services of Templefork!

Last month, I just wrote in to claim for a broken tip on my 4pc 8wt - Pro Series.

Due to a slight delay on the shipment, the management decided to courier the package immediately to me. I was so surprised to see a 4pc, BRAND NEW - Pro Series with full warranty card instead of just the tip! laugh.gif

user posted image
Here's what I have received - Brand new piece!

Tight Lines!

Tight Lines! Jimmy Aw.

#3 Dble Haul

Dble Haul

I LOVE SD!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:00 AM

Kodiak, I have to agree with you. Between TFO and St. Croix, I rarely fish anything else for single handed rods.
Mark