Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Pflueger Trion 4wt

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Carver

Carver

Honestly hunny I only spent $100!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:26 PM

I just bought my wife a new reel for her 4 wt and picked up a Pflueger trion, its new this year and all machined aluminum. I must say for the money I'm impressed, I personally fish Ross and Islander reels but for her this reel should last years. Its large arbour, right or left hand, click or silent. I would say if your looking to spend around $150 CAD it would be a great reel for someone. Just my opinion though.

#2 BigBugger

BigBugger

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 10:41 PM

I really like that reel. Really inexpenive for the quality you end up with.

#3 Kodiak Commando

Kodiak Commando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:34 PM

I got one for my father and it's a really nice reel. The reason i got it was i have a redington reel that i like and is basically the same reel. Redington made the reel that i own and discontinued it and then Pflueger picked up the rights to the design and started to make it. So basically Pflueger is making an discontinued redington reel and because of where they make it and they didn't have to design it themselves they can sell a great reel for a reasonable price headbang.gif
I wish my first words when i was born were quote so right before I died I could say unqoute-stepen wright

#4 nedbm3

nedbm3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:23 AM

I was thinking of buying the same reel. A friend of mine has that one and loves it. Also, it is a great price and good quality.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

http://groups.yahoo....aniaflyfishing/

#5 jcstikfish

jcstikfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:03 PM

I have a 4 wt as well and so far it has been great. Actually have hooked up with a few larger trout and the drag has been plenty smooth. As Kodiak was saying, it is pretty much the same reel as the Redington GD except for one thing......

WOODEN HANDLE!! tongue.gif

~James
www.autumnbrookangling.com
Custom Flies and NJ Guide Service

#6 flymaster

flymaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

I have the 4 wt too and got a brown over 20" on it and got put in the backing 2 times on that fight with 7X tippet the drag is great!

FM
CPR Catch-Photo-Release!