Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Ross Vision?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MSUICEMAN

MSUICEMAN

When this baby hits 88mph...your gonna see some serious sh*t!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:31 PM

Just looking for people's impression on ross visions.

steve
He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.

#2 Carlin

Carlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:38 PM

The best reel I have ever used. Period.

However, it is a narrow spool design with a small arbor, but the drag is heavenly. There is no click on the retrieve, and a faint outgoing click. Quite lightweight but very sturdy.

The Vision 1 is very small, but perfect for 0-3wts. I use a Vision 2 for 4-5 wt rods and a Vision 3 for 6-8wt.

#3 TroutBum

TroutBum

Father Time is my brother

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,047 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:59 PM

I have 4 Ross reels, none a vision, but Ross' none the less. Love them, I have one for 10 yrs. that has been used in saltwater and have had zero problems with any of them.

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
IPB Image
IPB Image

#4 MSUICEMAN

MSUICEMAN

When this baby hits 88mph...your gonna see some serious sh*t!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:55 PM

thanks for the info. i have the opportunity to pick up a vision 1 (for 2 and 3 wt), which is gonna be sweet because the pocketwater line i got is a smaller diameter than normal so i need a small reel. sounds like its the ticket!

steve
He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.