Fly Tying
JustinDavis

Bead Organization

How do you organize your beads?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I found this great organizer at Wal-Mart (where you can find anything)

and they work great for my bead organization.

They each have a small opening, and I write on the side with a sharpie to denote the kind of bead, size, color, etc.

What do you think?

post-17745-1226027647_thumb.jpg

post-17745-1226027653_thumb.jpg

Justin

I have been using them for several years. Seed beads, bar bells, mono eyes, etc. I had to use clear tape to keep the lid from slipping off. Great orghanizer though.

I use the CraftMate 14 compartment stackable storage boxes, each lid is locking which eliminates unwanted spills and you only have the compartment you need access to open instead of the entire lid. I use them for hooks, beads, eyes and every other small items we have a major assortment of. And the locking lids make travel a breeze. You can get them in a case which comes with 6 boxes for easy travel.

I've been using the wally world thingy for a while. They are exactly like tic-tac containers. I have them labeled on the box edge so I can see the sizes without opening the big box. Never had a problem with the lids being loose - just the opposite.

Cool idea. They look like tick-tack boxes. Unfortunately, I dont shop at Wal-Mart.

I use a few of these for my bead heads- http://www.hareline.com/NEWJPEG06/qbd.jpg

And the Pro-20 hook box for glass beads and such- http://www.wapsifly.com/page%2049.pdf

I use small stackable circular type containers so I have most of my beads together and that I can get my fingers in to grab them easily. I have stored beads all over the floor, picked most of them up but the rest ended in the vacume cleaner. :wallbash:

I have the same organizer as justindavis! But I got it at a dolour store near by. I also us one for cone heads and bead chains.

tyrite

Aww Heck, just a big ole cereal bowl, just pour em all together, It makes for exciting tying. You never know just what your going to get. And it makes those 0.5 mm ones real easy to find.

Just kidding, but if I did have all the ones I have dropped in my lifetime, I most likely would not need to buy more. I use 4 work force organizer compartment boxes, but keep the smaller sizes in their own small zip bags then in the compartments. Then when I am tying, I pour what I need in a small ramekin with rounded sides about 200 at a time, I stick the ramekin to my bench with floral putty. Spilling a couple hundred tiny beads will ruin your day, at least tungsten will come to a magnet. Currently I have approx. 4000 beads in the boxes. and 2 organizers full of dumbells, sticky eyes, etc. I order most beads and eyes by weight, and bead chain in 100 foot lengths. You can never have too many toys.

Cheers Futzer

I keep mine in the bags they come in and then make sure I have put them everywhere i might look, if I can't find the one I'm looking for at the time - I drive to the fly shop and buy more. :yahoo: