Fly Tying

Poppers Divers etc

I moved my reply to fshng2 over here...

Good idea fshng2 for the head to make it dive.

I had better luck in dingy water last summer jerking these down and floating back up. Used Cdad colors orange, blue. If you work them fast theyll stay about 3-6 deep till you pause. Staggering foam discs, Estaz body, rubber legs and puffy paint spots. Gonna put 5mm glass ratttle in the next ones. Shoulda tide knots in the rubbers to better look like claws maybe. Shovel head of some sort prolly key to divers.

IMG-6078.jpg

IMG-6080.jpg

IMG-6074.jpg

RutRo fshng2 you got me invading the sanctuary. Should post this junk in WarmWater.

Misipi

Ran across a video of deer hair spook. Walk the dog!! The key is the detached hook.

Then found this

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=83934

First attempt. Used foam instead of deer hair and added 6 mm glass rattle. Solarez and glitter powder for the finish. Floats right have to try to walk it. Looks like a poggey thats Menhaden to youse guys...

A94-F7-CB4-F6-B4-4-A74-8-BCD-65-F49-B8-E

7-E33389-B-F2-B7-4-A5-E-933-A-3829309-CE

Misipi

I had better luck in dingy water last summer jerking these down and floating back up. Used Cdad colors orange, blue. If you work them fast theyll stay about 3-6 deep till you pause. Staggering foam discs, Estaz body, rubber legs and puffy paint spots. Gonna put 5mm glass ratttle in the next ones. Shoulda tide knots in the rubbers to better look like claws maybe. Shovel head of some sort prolly key to divers.

IMG-6080.jpg

RutRo fshng2 you got me invading the sanctuary. Should post this junk in WarmWater.

Misipi

Thanks Denduke. After fishing the Dragon Diver yesterday I decided it's a keeper.

It's a very shallow diver and puts out a decent spray. Maybe a little tail weight would help with the diving tho.

Easy enough to experiment by wrapping some lead at the hook bend.

I was torn as to where to put my post.

It would be nice if their was a "Popper, Slider, Diver Salt & Fresh Water" section.

After all it is a tying style isn't it?

Nothing seemed to fit in the "Species/Tying Style Specific Forums" section.

I always look forward to reading your top notch posts because of your unique inventive style, to keeping fly tying new and exciting.

I will probably try the foam disc fly you tie as I have been looking for a diving fly.

After all, the fish seem to all agree.

Broke out some deer hair. I aint no stacker packer and no double edge blade so rough scissor cut. Prolly have to take the blade off. Be nice if itd flash and click. Gonna see if itll walkdadog....

43-A986-FE-862-D-49-F7-8370-E8-C069779-D

denduke, I will bet you can dog walk that thing as long as it is weighted to tip rearward when you pause or slow your retrieve. Thanks for posting these up

Nice wri

IMG-6078.jpg

IMG-6080.jpg

IMG-6074.jpg
Misipi

Nice take on the ol' Sneaky Duck