Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MouseManiac

Headed to Gettysburg from WV...suggestions?

I'm heading to Gettysburg for a friend's wedding this weekend from NCWV. My current plan is to leave early and fish the Casselman in MD for a while on the way. I haven't fished out that way much. My question is this...is there anywhere else along my trek that I should consider fishing instead? I don't know anything about any PA streams or anything, but I am interested in new adventures if it is close by my path and easy to find.

And by the way, that is the savage river in my profile picture.

I've been to Casselman and the upper Savage. I know there is plenty of native trout water in the Savage area as well. I would like to venture after some wild browns eventually, but for now, I like the numbers of fish on the Casselman. I had good luck there before, and it is a good stream for me to continue to hone in my trout skills. I've done much more warm water fishing, but the challenge of learning the trout game is my current fixation.

The yellow breaches. But it will be crowded on the weekend.

http://www.perfectflystore.com/wyellowbreech.html

But then again Gettysburg is awfully historic. If your into history leave the fishing stuff at home and enjoy the battlefield tours and the quaintness of the town itself. It's a great place to spend the weekend.

The yellow breaches. But it will be crowded on the weekend.

http://www.perfectflystore.com/wyellowbreech.html

But then again Gettysburg is awfully historic. If your into history leave the fishing stuff at home and enjoy the battlefield tours and the quaintness of the town itself. It's a great place to spend the weekend.

No chance! I'm a math teacher, not history haha. Fishing is my passion though. After looking at PA licensing costs and all the suggestions here and on another forum being out of my path, I'm going to just hit the Casselman. It will break my trip down into smaller segments and make the drive less brutal.