Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

New and Need Help

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Ginormus1

Ginormus1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:31 PM

Thank you all so much for all of the suggestions. They are all much appreciated. puting together all of the ideas I have decided to buy a crown spring tension Vice http://www.basspro.c...ductextensions# and a tool set from Dr. Slick https://www.amazon.c...ds=Dr slick set .

I plan to buy materials for a Zebra midge, pheasant tail, and hairs ear. Again thanks to all who gave there opinions and help!

Matthew 4:19 "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men"

#17 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:13 AM

OK then,looking forward to hearing of your first attempts ! Don't be afraid to ask more questions.

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#18 gunpowderleader

gunpowderleader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

Ginormous1 where in Colorado are you located. I may know of someone in your area doing classes or available to do so either in the classroom setting or private one on one of you are interested. I am based on the west slope and guide out of Basalt

#19 Ginormus1

Ginormus1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Ginormous1 where in Colorado are you located. I may know of someone in your area doing classes or available to do so either in the classroom setting or private one on one of you are interested. I am based on the west slope and guide out of Basalt

I am located in the littleton area.

Matthew 4:19 "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men"

#20 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,374 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

Lots of fly shops in that area that should have free tying lessons.

Try Charlie's fly box

The fish care less than we do!