Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fly Tying Events?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ginormus1

Ginormus1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

Hi guys! I live in the Denver area and I was wondering if anyone knew of any fly tying events/conventions here in Colorado. I have heard that you can find some great deals on hackle and other more expensive materials at some of the fly tying conventions Which would be very helpful for my tight budget. Your help is much appreciated! 

Matthew 4:19 "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men"

#2 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,364 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:08 AM

i guess you missed this one?

http://flyfishingshow.com/denver-co/

last day today

http://www.sportsexp.../attend/denver/

The fish care less than we do!

#3 OLD BUD

OLD BUD

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

Not much in the way of materials at the ISE show.I tied there fri.Only a few shops mostly had bargains on equitment.One furrier has some beautiful fox,coon & coyote tails at reasonable prices.Try Discount tackle on Sante Fe.There will be a small show with bargains later this winter comprised of local companies with better prices.Watch the internet & papers for time & place.

#4 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

You just missed this show in Denver last week:

http://flyfishingshow.com/denver-co/

#5 onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, the Fly Fishing Show in Denver was great. A few more vendors than the past and huge selection of items, both materials, gear, and miscellaneous to choose from. Good prices on most everything too.

#6 Ginormus1

Ginormus1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:20 PM

I did sadly miss the Fly fishing show in Denver. However I did get to go to the Sportsman's expo on Friday. They had some incredible deals on fly rods and reels at the kirks and I ended up getting a Helios 2 rod from Orvis as well as a Lamson reel! Nothing in the way of tying materials per say but non the less they had some great deals on gear!

Matthew 4:19 "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men"