Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

New 240g tank build

ArdaAi.jpg
1rwpV1.jpg

Well it is officially after Christmas so not being one to rest on my laurels I started work on the big 240g tank build project. First thing was to tear down the wall that divides the office from the shop. 6 hours later....bye bye wall.

I can see a time when the rod building and fly tying will be relegated to the shed because the fish own the shop !! Wire and insulate the shed now before you are forced to move lol. I look forward to the finished product. If it looks as good as all the other stuff you have posted (rods and tanks) it will be a work of art. Have a Happy New Year and I look forward to the final result of your labours. Take care.

Les

Well got a bit more done over the past day or two. Now that the wall is down I was faced with the ugly perforated board ceiling that was left in the one section of the shop. So got all that ripped down and started staining the boards to continue the wood ceiling so it is all uniform from one end of the room to the other. Still have more of that to do but got a start on it now. Also started on painting the back wall to match the rest of the walls. Still a ton to do but go a decent start on it at least.

bOwiGM.jpg
taEOTn.jpg
5RAN89.jpg
0GViUk.jpg

Steve, do you ever rest? Every time you seem to post it is about a new, usually bigger and better project that you are about to tackle, we now know how you've kept the weight off, you never stop moving! Judging from your past work, it will be a real treat to see the finished results, you never fail to produce something better each time you take on a project.

Happy remodeling.

Blane

No way Mike, why do you think he decided to do it now, he's waiting for you to get there to do the heavy lifting part of the job!!

Blane

Thanks guys, still a lot left to do but I enjoy doing stuff like this in the shop & office. I'm the kind of person that gets bored when they don't have some sort of project going to keep my hands & mind busy. Luckily this project should keep me busy for at least the next 2 months. Dunno what I will do after that lol

Another full day of work in the books. I must be getting old because these projects wear me out more than they use too that's for sure. Most of the walls painted and some things moved around just to see a basic idea of where I want everything. With my OCD I must have moved every bit of furniture 10 times tonight. It'll all have to be moved out again soon when I start working on the floor. Originally I had planned to do the dual 20g xtra high side tanks with waterfall(sandfalls) in them on each side of the main tank (you can see the one tank on the left of the main one in the pic below). Now I am thinking I may decide to do them built into the stand itself under the main tank to save a little room. Last thing I want is for the room to look cramped, I want it to be open and free flowing so gonna have to play around with the idea of where I plan to put those two tanks still.

5H0qTb.jpg