Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Saarinen

Never found the time!

post-55238-0-29668900-1486915417_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-62860900-1486915456_thumb.jpgDrove 4hrs North yesturday to the city my mother was born in for a funeral! Her cousin died, a good guy! Hadn't seen him in some years, to busy with work, Blah Blah Blah! Always asked on the phone when you coming to visit? Last 3 or 4 years i'd even driven past on the motorway east to go grayling fishing once each summer! Only 15minute side trip to visit! Always seemed to early or late to call in for a cup of coffee & a chat! Wish i would have done it now! Misses asked did you buy expensive flowers cos' you feel guilty? I said YES! Guess what i'm trying to say is it's never to early or late to say hello! You don't have to feel like me then!

Adam, sorry to hear this kind of news and for your loss. Thanks for posting a stark reminder that it is never too soon to express your appreciation for the friends and family that mean the most.

I'm sorry for your loss Adam. Thank you for the kick in the @$$ a lot of us need to remember. You never know when tomorrow will never come, for yourself or anyone. Never put off visiting family. I know what it is like to lose someone you wish you'd seen more often.

Sorry for your loss Adam. It can be hard to realize that things can change in the blink of an eye. One day you think you have so much time left with someone and then the next thing you know the time has ended. Can't beat yourself up over it though because there's just no way of knowing how long we have with people we care about.

Thanks Steve & islander727! Just didn't want others to also keep putting visits off untill you find out it's game over! At 64 i was sure there would be time still!