Fly Tying
Tom Cummings

Hello from New Jersey

Been an avid Fisher for at least 40 years. Never done flies so it was a natural step in a time of life where I enjoy the relaxation of both hobbies. At the moment I am tying on a homemade vise and all tools are homemade as well but works to my satisfaction. I have collected deer squirrel turkey geese pheasants and quail so far without any shortage of supplies. Ducks will be available shortly as well given the fact the geese has migrated back here. The lures I have made follow no specific patterns but has out produced the store purchases from past.

Delrab new jersey. Within walking distance to the creek on rt 130 or the lakes right after. Strikers bass panfish galore there or the stocked lakes for trout.

Welcome to the site, Tom.

Please, post up some pictures of those flies you're tying ... and catching ... with. Many of my flies were tied as solutions to fishing situations I had. No previous knowledge of patterns available at the time (yes, I'm old... er).

Your flies might become new patterns for some of us on this site !!!

And we LOVE to see home made tools ... gives a lot of people a lot of ideas !

Do very little fresh water fishing in Jersey. Every fall the salt water fly fishing club I belong to works with Casting For Recovery at their South Jersey retreat and we fish a lake in a campground near Ocean View. Some good bass and chain pickerel in it. Other than that it's mainly salt water out of Brigantine where a buddy keeps his boat or Corson's Inlet either from the beach or the sod banks.

Homemade vise. Works well. Hate to waste money by purchasing a dust collector. In the future I do plan on actual vise but in the interim this works well.

Love the vise !!!

Good looking little fly, too.

Great introduction ... with the pictures. Again, Welcome to the site !