Fly Tying
vicrider

Christmas pictures...and comments from Santa

I debated about posting pics but since no one will know what they are getting but might spot their own I'm going to give it try. Pic quality is not one of my high points but these should give an idea of what we got in this year, and I'm going to say that it must be time of year but everyone came on strong and there is not a box going out that isn't of fishable quality and above and beyond what was asked for minimums. To add to that at the end of this post I'm going to put in a few pictures of a couple of tyers who went WAY above and beyond and there is going to be an extra fly or two in every box. I debate on singling out tyers also but Mike West and Will contributed enough so their boxes are full and everyone gets an extra or two. Mike West especially did a bunch of deer hair ties of extraordinary quality and quantity. Many people contributed extras to put in as stocking stuffers and again Camo Clad Warrier and Flat Rock Native stood out in their extras for everyone.

Now some comments. Many included enough postage to cover everything fine. HOWEVER, I said this my post..."I will provide the 6" x 9" or 9x11 bubble mailers on my end". The reason for this is that I really hate wrapping packages and found I could get very reasonable Christmas bubble wrap decorated envelopes so I could put everything in the envelope and not have to wrap. The whole envelope in it's pretty Christmas decor could go under the tree until Christmas. Many good hearted people sent return envelopes with postage. These I had to wrap the boxes and put them in the plain brown wrappers. Open them and put the wrapped gift under the tree. This was not a big thing and overall this is going to be a great Christmas swap and everything should be on it's way by Friday and be under tree in plenty of time.

DSC01822 (2).JPG DSC01824 (2).JPG DSC01830 (2).JPG DSC01831 (2).JPG DSC01832 (2).JPG DSC01833 (2).JPGDSC01834 (2).JPG DSC01836 (2).JPGDSC01837 (2).JPG DSC01838 (2).JPG DSC01839 (2).JPG DSC01840 (2).JPG DSC01841 (2).JPG DSC01844 (2).JPG DSC01846 (2).JPG DSC01847 (2).JPG DSC01848 (2).JPG DSC01850 (2).JPG DSC01851 (2).JPG DSC01852 (2).JPG

DSC01842 (2).JPG

I need a break. Will continue in this post...

DSC01852 (2).JPG DSC01853 (2).JPG DSC01854 (2).JPG DSC01855 (2).JPG DSC01856 (2).JPG DSC01857 (2).JPG DSC01858 (2).JPGDSC01859 (2).JPGDSC01860 (2).JPG DSC01864 (2).JPG DSC01865 (2).JPG DSC01866 (2).JPG DSCF3017 (2).JPG DSCF3020 (2).JPGDSCF3021 (2).JPG

These last 4 pics are the extras that got distributed at random among boxes thanks to those two above and beyond guys.

Santa out...

DSC01868 (2).JPG

DSC01869 (3).JPG

DSC01872 (2).JPG

DSC01873 (2).JPG

I am so glad I DIDN'T join this swap. My flies would've been a big disappointment to somebody. Lots of effort, care and skill went into those flies. All those boxes look great.

I will sure be happy to receive any of these outstanding collections. Also, I did not include postage with my shipment so please PayPal me for the costs and part of the costs of your bubble mailers. Anyway you cut it, It will be a great deal for me

Yes great work everyone!

And thank you Nick for taking the time to take & post the pictures.

For those of you who are getting the poppers with no tales .

i usually put a toe tag on those that say...Popper in the Raw or U finish it

I just got in a hurry and forgot to do it this time

Those were just extras I included to be passed around.

Remember that all those fancy envelopes that will be arriving over the next several days ARE the package to go under the tree. No opening until Christmas Eve. If you don't like looking at labels and postage just turn them over. Looking forward to all the Christmas day comments from those in town to open them.

Nick

Boy, oh, boy...!

An elf wearing a weird blue-ish/grey-ish outfit delivered today a Christmas envelope all the way from the North Pole, which I did not know it also went by the name of Oklahoma.

I will say it again. It is not going to be easy... MUST.RESIST.OPENING... MUST.RESIST.OPENING...

I will say it again. It is not going to be easy... MUST.RESIST.OPENING... MUST.RESIST.OPENING...

Ditto. They arrived today and the only thing keeping me from opening them is the hard water. Gonna be a long two weeks. :D

Thanks for hosting, St. Nick.