Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Broke out the brushes again

11 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

I see everything!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:39 PM

L3gjgu.jpg

Been a while since I did any painting. With all that has happened recently I decided to break out the brushes and relax my mind for a bit today. Did this to hang out in the garden out back. My rendition of the tree from Game of Thrones.

Posted Image
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#2 yooperflyfisher

yooperflyfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:18 PM

Wow beautiful painting !

#3 mikechell

mikechell

I'm Mr Freezemieser I'm Mr Snow!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,082 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:22 PM

Very nice rendition of the Weirwood Tree! 

I finally got to watch the final episode, but that's another thread.  The Trees are a fine reference for the series ... stability through all the other changes.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:24 PM

Nice Steve, I didn't know you also painted.

#5 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

I see everything!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

Thanks, I try. Not great at it but I learn a bit with each I do so getting better. Been thinking about maybe finally taking a class sometime perhaps. I think I might enjoy that.

Posted Image
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#6 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:32 PM

My mom was an art teacher, she's pretty talented, I can't draw for crap.

#7 flyty1

flyty1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:05 AM

I think anything that let's your creative juices flow is a great way to center yourself and find inner peace - I can only wish I had the talent to draw, paint, or sculpt...- guess we are all blessed in one way or another! Your painting is great...maybe we will get a chance to see another sometime!

#8 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:58 AM

I think anything that let's your creative juices flow is a great way to center yourself and find inner peace - I can only wish I had the talent to draw, paint, or sculpt...- guess we are all blessed in one way or another! Your painting is great...maybe we will get a chance to see another sometime!

You can learn ! Especially sketching, you probably just didn't watch Captain Bob when you were a kid lol !

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#9 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:58 AM

I forgot that  you paint too, Steve. Looks great !

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#10 flyty1

flyty1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Dave - I do fool around from time to time...nothing I would show anyone else! I have a few other creative outlets that are more fulfilling.

#11 mikechell

mikechell

I'm Mr Freezemieser I'm Mr Snow!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,082 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:52 PM

I have napkins with drawings on them all over the Country.  At least, I think the waitresses kept them.  Hmmm ... I wonder why none of them ever called my "signature" number at the bottom?

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#12 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

Nice! I've never watched Game of Thrones but I like the painting a lot. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

Reply to this topic