Fly Tying

i have a pair of waders that have been sitting in a closet for quite a few years.

i recently tried them on and have noticed they did not expand at the same rate that i did smile.png

a little more snug than i remember smile.png

I hate clothes that shrink so much, even without being washed many times.

I've got my own pair of "skinny" waders.

Good luck with the sale.

I've experienced both the waders that shrink, as well as the waders that expand :) Back 10 yrs ago when I was around 400lbs I found it hard to find waders that fit. Then after I made lifestyle changes and lost about 175lbs I felt like I was wearing a tent for waders they were so baggy.

I went from cheap waders that fit like a tent to some Patagonia waders to see if they last longer than 1 year. Three times the cost and they fit like skinny jeans. Not sure I like them. Plus they leaked the first time out!

Maybe I should have gone with my gut and bought Simms. Time will tell and my reviews will document it haha.

im not really in the market for a new pair of waders as my wading days are pretty much over

if i get the back operated on and i'm able to stand longer than a half hour without pain, then ill consider wading again

its truly a bitch to get old :(

I hate tight waders and apparently that is all they make nowadays. I'd love find canvass and rubber baggy tops- if the vest (or coat) won't fit inside the wader there is no need for anything but hip boots.

I've ruined so many waders with things like barbed wire and broken whiskey bottles hidden in the streams that I'll never again buy anything but economy or on sale for economy prices.

i have a pair of waders that have been sitting in a closet for quite a few years.

i recently tried them on and have noticed they did not expand at the same rate that i did smile.png

a little more snug than i remember smile.png

I think they shrunk. smile.png

its truly a bitch to get old sad.png

An old acquaintance of mine who is just over 90 once said to me "Growing old is not for wimps." I am beginning to understand what he meant.

Just before we moved to east Tennessee I bought a pair of new waist high waders. We have lived here for two years now and I have never needed to wear these waders in the Smoky Mountain streams even once. I just wear shorts, a good pair of felt bottomed wading boots, and a pair of neoprene gravel guards. The water is cold, but I have never had to don the waders and I fish this way from early spring to late fall. Even though the trout season is open here year round here, I don't fish in the winter time, preferring to stay indoors when it is cold.

Joe

I've ruined so many waders with things like barbed wire and broken whiskey bottles hidden in the streams that I'll never again buy anything but economy or on sale for economy prices.

I'm with you- At new wader time I'm always tempted to replace my bargain waders with a "nice" pair. But then I start thinking about the dense thorny brush and barbed wire I sometimes push through and over to get to a nice spot and it scares me off. Currently I have a pair of LL Beans that I got a year ago for around $140 and I've already had to UV patch them after slipping into some sharp brush, otherwise they've been good. I would hope the expensive waders are tougher but I can't bring myself to drop $400 or more to find out.

I am trying to get accustomed to them, we will see. My first two trips wearing them, they felt really nice, much to my surprise, like I wasn't wearing any pants at all! biggrin.png biggrin.png

Seriously though, I was more worried about movement, this form fitting pair of waders actually improves my movement and is easier walking, less drag in the current, no low crotch preventing me from taking long strides or big steps up onto a log, etc. So far, so good.

I hate tight waders and apparently that is all they make nowadays. I'd love find canvass and rubber baggy tops- if the vest (or coat) won't fit inside the wader there is no need for anything but hip boots.

Thing is that your coat in winter will be soaked and if like me you wear a vest all the boxes of flies will be soaked as well, so they limit one to water knee deep or hip boot water. and they are near impossible to take off at stream side. If any one knows of true baggy fit waders let me know.

I hear you. Last year, I was fortunate to find Frogg Toggs ($180 regular price) on Flash Sale at Dicks for $99. Wore them in salt water 3-4x/week from May - November last year and they are still looking and working great. I do rinse them thoroughly after every use and hang them to dry and, of course, try and be careful not to rub against anything sharp/pointed. Decision was between these and a pair of LL Bean, which I preferred in style. But fit (and price) won the day, TF's are a slightly "fuller" fit and much more comfortable. Think I'll get a 2nd pair later this year if Dick decides again to put them on "Flash Sale".