Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Brrrr

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tcruikshank

tcruikshank

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:02 PM

So, my son and I made plans to go fishing last Saturday. This is what we woke up to...

34g7hax.jpg

xo0ho2.jpg

9gwy8l.jpg

I didn't let that stop us, although I wish I had. It was about 1C (34F) and it rained the entire morning.

Our perserverence paid off, though, we were rewarded with about a dozen of these:

2pselx2.jpg

The one in the pic was caught on a red/black simi seal leech

rrkymd.jpg

But most of them that day were caught on these. Brown wooly bugger with dark brown grizzly hackle and snowshoe hare for a tail.

313pzq9.jpg

#2 MouseManiac

MouseManiac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

I was out last Thursday in similar conditions.  We started out at 25 degrees and ended up around 45 degrees.  There was a lot of time spent clearing ice from the guides and warming up, but we managed 9 fish between us, so not too bad.

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

Beauty of a brookie. They are such a special fish. I hear ya on the brrrrrr. This has been the coldest spring I can remember here in Mi. Finally warmed up yesterday and today but supposed to drop back into the 40/50s again for a few days now. That should be the last of the cold after that I hope.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#4 FlatsRoamer

FlatsRoamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

Nice man! Beautiful fish

You're going to hate me a little, but it was 92 degrees earlier this week... and I've never been in snow lol.

Still hunting for my first tarpon on fly! 

Why are windknots in love with me?

Can't wait for that diy trip to Acklins!!

Find my youtube channel in the link below

https://www.youtube....plkVnmuDObYCLBg

#5 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:10 PM

Looks 'cool'. 81 here yesterday, enjoy while it lasts.