Fly Tying

Vicrider

Nice flies (I went to the link). What is that gizmo you're using to hold the flies for photographing? Most people use those plastic electronics clips from Radio Shack.

What are you testing, Vic?

The (Game Changer?) looks great ... if you're testing your ability to tie one.

The picture is clear and shows sufficient detail, if you're testing that.

If you're testing your ability to write a good caption ... It's a fail, since I can't read anything in print.

Sorry if I never responded to this. It was just a test for a picture posting. Couple of ways to do it and wanted to see how it worked.

FLaFly, if you get back to this thread that's a hackle pliers that work better than any I've ever seen short of vise grips. I'd have to look up where I got it but it has a strong center pin with groove to lock hackle or anything else in solid. The wire tester models don't have near the grip of these and I have a couple. Can grab any fly and position it and lock bottom in vise grips and raise up to camera height.

Mike, that's a fly from the bass monthly as you know now. Not one of mine but just one I grabbed for the pic test.

Thanx Nick

The object has STONFLO etched into it. I googled STONFLO and found that they make fly tying tools, but couldn't find anything on their site that looked like that. Admittedly their site is very cluttered and not user friendly. I'll go back and see if I can find it.

I googled STONFLO Hackle Pliers.... got several hits and a Youtube showing it in use. One site had it for $8.39 USD