Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Lucian.Vasies

No tying thread Nymph - a French type of fly

Hi guys,

Here is a short video about tying a nymph without using thread. It is made only with UV Resin and Lead wire. Even if is considered a strange fly and lots of guys are not confident in using it, this kind of nymph is used with success for aprox 15 years on rivers from French Alps. The nymph is more efficient if is tied very small, down to #22 ( on straight hooks ). It is called ceramic nymph and the original tying process is very complicated ( it is used special dye for ceramic to color a fly and you need at least a few hours to finish it )

Here is my short version on this fly, it imitates a ryachophila larva and I had success with tied on size #16 and #18.

Very cool, I love uv resin

For those on a budget the same thing can be done with 3d fabric paint. Of course it is not an instant cure but I have been enjoying using it lately. Once applied it does not sag so no rotating device needed. It is usually a buck an ounce, and usually 50 colors or so to choose from.

The orange dot would have to be applied at a later time, it would have to set for 20 minutes or so.