Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Wellman

What are you "Stillwater or Flowing Water tier"

Stillwater or Flowing water  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love moving water -- but the question should be answerd I tie for fish-streams, rivers,pond, lake,or salt it boils down to hooking fish

Most definitely both... but I have a slight preference for moving water.

High lakes and coastal streams are my favorites. Part of the reason I live in Oregon.

I love smallies in current! But I love smallies in lakes too. if smallies swam in the fountain in the mall id fish for them there to.

I like tying for both.

But I really like drifting dries down a meandering creek in the mountains.

There is something about a fish taking a fly on the surface, that make dry fly fishing so magically addictive. :D

I strongly prefer moving water. To me, that's where fly fishing really come into it's own. I'll fish stillwater if it's a choice between that and not fishing at all, but given that the species I prefer to fish for (trout and smallmouth) don't tend to live in stillwater in this area, I'd much rather be in stream.

Very interesting I thought that there would been more stillwater guys like myself. When I usually go river fishing its very challenging with the over hanging trees. I do enjoy river fishing but hardly get a chance. Stillwater is still my favorite but looking at this picture is making me grind my teeth and wanna hit the river.

DCP_2313_50.jpg

Pine River MB

Both for me, saltwater could constitute as both. There are some tailwaters and ponds I fish in freash water though. Mostly bass. Could catch the big 5 on any given day though in the hill country.