Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
basstracker

Howdy yall!

Hey yall. I am one a redneckfisherman`s buddies. We fish together alot, and over the spring he got me into fly fishing and I think it is a blast! Still learning to cast, and that is kinda rough, but I think I`m gonna get it. Grayson is still trying to help me and he even showed me how to tie up a fly last night, and I think that is pretty neat. We didn`t have to go to wal-mart to get what we wanted to fish with, all we had to do was sit down and make it. I think that is really pretty cool. Well, a little bit about me. I live in Clarksville Tennessee, fish ponds that I have around my house, love huntin, and am a big southern boy!! Hope to learn alot from yall, and maybe after redneckfisherman teaches me how to cast, I`ll be able to catch a few more fish with him on that fly rod. lol. Well I better get to going. The rain has stopped, and Grayson is anxious to throw one of BDH`s deer hair bugs, and he might even let me try one. I hope he does!! Later yall! -tracker

basstracker,

Welcome to the zoo. They're are a bunch of characters here and you will enjoy yourself and learn alot. If you have any questions ask away, skill levels range from newbies to really advanced, NOT ME LOL, I'm on my second year.

Again Welcome,

Fatman

Welcome basstracker glad that you and red are getting involved with fly fishing/tying,if you stick with it you will find that tying can be a great reward when you catch a nice fish on a fly that you tied yourself. Like fatman said if ya got any questions dont be afraid to ask them everyone here is more than happy to help and the only bad question is one that is not asked so jump right in wink.gif

SD

Been tyin all night! It`s a friggin blast!!! Already raided mom`s sewin box, cut up some bows that she had in the attic, and even asked my grandma for some yarn. Think I`m gettin off to a good start. Thanks for the welcome yall!-tracker

QUOTE (basstracker @ Nov 15 2003, 11:34 PM)
Been tyin all night! It`s a friggin blast!!! Already raided mom`s sewin box, cut up some bows that she had in the attic, and even asked my grandma for some yarn. Think I`m gettin off to a good start. Thanks for the welcome yall!-tracker

biggrin.gif Theres alot of stuff layin around the house that can be used for tyin basstracker........just stay away from the cat with the scissors when moms lookin wink.gif

SD

Welcome, BT!!! Don't let Steeldrifter discourage you....cut that kitty up!!! THey mnake great dubbing and zonker strips!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif