Fly Tying
ihang10

Regional or state forums?

Is there a possibility of state or regional sub-forums, where folks from the same locale could discuss/share local issues?

I kinda like like the fact that Eastern and Western, Yankees and Rebs, Mountain folk and flatlanders, European and colonists all blend together here. I wouldn't want anyone to feel left out. But, there are some other websites that cater to folks in their own vicinities. I 'spose you could join one of those too if you wanted. Last year, some of us in Michigan got together for an event and might do it again. However, I would resist having a separate forum just for us here in Michigan. I like my new friends in Scotland, N. Carolina, and Romania too. I know that creating a schism wasn't your intent but I think that would be the end result in the long run.

All together.. "We are the world, we are the people..." biggrin.png

I agree with Shoebop. I suggest you fill out the location portion of your profile, that way members who are near you can PM you. Three of us in the Sacramento area have connected and I am going fishing with one of them next week.

I'm with Shoebop on this too. I know there's several Florida members who are active, and I consider friends although we'll probably never meet, but I don't want to be limited to just Floridians or just North Carolinians. We have a forum in the aTampa Bay area that provides the connection you're seeking. I for one wouldn't be interested. I like to have conversations with Norwegians and Danes and Scots, and Malaysians and Romainians, and Wisconsinians and so on. Makes my world see friendlier.

ihang10 ... you can start a thread of your own. Something like, "Hey, I'm looking for fellow anglers in Blah-Blah City". Maybe you'll get a group together that way.