Fly Tying

THIS SWAP IS FULL!!!

I sure hope I don't get banned from the forum for proposing this swap. I like it around here and I'd sure miss it if I were to get kicked off. But here goes. I'm proposing a swap for guys who use jigs for Crappie, Bluegill, etc. I'm not saying what kind of rod we will use to cast them, but I am going to be slightly particular about what is and what isn't included here. I would like to ask that the participants tie their jigs on a 1/16 oz or smaller jig head. They can either be jigs that you pour and paint yourself, or they can be jigs that you buy already poured. Standard hooks appropriate for the weight of your jig are expected. You can use any material and/or color that you prefer, but keep it realistic, please. The idea is to catch FISH on these jigs. There will be 12 participants, plus the 'meister, and each participant will tie up 12 jigs, and you will not get back one of your own. Extras are appreciated, but, by no means, are they required or expected. Toe tags and a self-addressed, stamped envelope are also to be included. Let me know when yours are ready and I'll PM you my address. The due date will be February 15 and since jigs tie up quickly, that ought to give everyone way more than enough time to get them in by the deadline. If you know some warmwater fishing buddies that hang out on some of the other boards here, please pass the word along that we've got a swap going that the warmwater guys ought to appreciate. Sign up by just posting "I'm in" to this thread. You don't have to have a name for your jig. All I need to know is that you're going to tie up some jigs. Thanks

Take care

BB

Swapmeister - Completed

1. Vicente - Received

2. EuroOrBust

3. Add147

4. Flytire - Received

5. Vicrider - Received

6. Rick Zieger - Received

7. Steve-Stabgnid - Received

8. Bassbugn - Received

9. Cphubert - Received

10. Hazathor

11. Agn54 - Received

12. ColonelMel - Received

WE ARE FULL!

Vicente, I was hoping for some ideas for crappie and bluegill jigs, but I can do with a regular jig head what you can do with dumbbell eyes, at least as far as body and tail are concerned, so, since it's you, :-). Yes, dumbbell eyes will be acceptable. Let me know if you want me to include you in the swap.

Take care

BB

Flytire, those are EXACTLY what I have in mind. I would love to see what you could come up with using those. Either standard hooks or sickle hooks would be perfect. Let me know if you want me to include you in the swap.

Thanks

BB

BB, I'm getting worse all the time about typing a post and then moving on without ever posting it. Last night I typed that your timing or the laws of coincidence were working overtime because I just brought in my box of jig hooks I'd poured and painted some time ago and stuck away. By some time ago I mean years ago but hooks all look good with no rust. I have a lot of them with oversize hooks I tied for lightweight walleye jigs but should have enough crappie sized in there to come up with some for the swap. I've always been about as basic as a person can get with marabout tail, chenille body and either palmered or collared hackle. Maybe a guy could find enough tiny feathers up in the neck area to even tie some little feather jigs.

Two great minds work together, Vicrider. We're both on the same wavelength. Can I put you down for the swap? There are a lot of people talking about it, but so far, no one has signed up for it. Just saying....

Let me know'

BB

Nothing wrong with jig fishing!!!! Crappie will be biting in a few months and I love to eat me some crappie. I AM IN on this one.