Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flat Rock native

Beginner's Alert- Try the Junk Fly Swap, still open

Great opportunity to get some bass, panfish & trout flies. Don't be scared, everyone started out as a newbie. Tying 12-15 of same pattern will speed up your growth, shine up your fundamentals. We need you, so give it a go...

FRN, what are some examples of patterns the meet the criteria of your swap. Thinking about joining as I am a newbie to tying and this would be a good first swap.

FRN, what are some examples of patterns the meet the criteria of your swap. Thinking about joining as I am a newbie to tying and this would be a good first swap.

Check the Junk Fly Swap thread in that other forum for some nice ideas. That swap filled but a Junk Fly II might be opening in the near future. carpflyguy' s idea turned out quite a few "diamonds in the rough." We should repeat it because these swappers are going to be happy to see great, innovative use of non-classic materials that Fish will love, too

We are also gauging interest with the Butte Ugly Fly swap, with a possible kickoff date of 3-1-2017 and deadline of April 15, 2017. I think I noted you on my list to send a reminder out in February.

Hope you are having great fun with your own flies. Some days the inspiration from the FTF can almost be overwhelming.... Carry On

PS- to actually answer the question- Attractor flies, and patterns that do not look like a critter that is able to fly, should qualify again.

Prince Nymph, Double Humpy, Cherynoble Ants and Hoppers come to mind, as do other worms, mop heads, vinyl worms, maggots, chamois eels, leeches, minnows, juvie baitfish, pollywogs, and so on

Edited by Flat Rock native