Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Purple

Nice flies. It's one color I've never had luck with. I know it's popular on the dark side for bass fishing. I've caught a couple weakfish on a fly that imitated a hot buck tail and soft plastic combination that everyone was fishing at the time. It was a red over white buck tail jig with a purple fire tail plastic worm threaded on the hook. I tied up a couple. Used purple estaz for the body and tail with a bunch of hot pink marabou wrapped on the end, dumbbell eyes and red over white buck tail tied behind the hook eye. Did have a couple of largemouth bass follow it in my local creek. I still think I have one left. Another old fly to dig up and give it a shot in the spring for bass.

I was looking for some flies for another post and found the fly I was describing. I'll take a picture and post it later.

Here's the only fly I've tied that has a lot of purple in it. It's gotta be 15 years old. After I looked at the picture after I downloaded it to my computer, I realized the twist in the tail was untwisting and pieces of the pink portion were coming loose. I'll have to see how I can improve on it.

post-309-0-55728900-1550283761_thumb.jpg