Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Office version 3.0

4 years ago, there was office version 1.0. It was my redo of the basement office with the 265g tank that leaked like an SOB.....it was a year long project. Last year was office version 2.0....it was the 240g acrylic tank, which has been up & great for a year now. But now, this will be....office version 3.0! wink.png

About 6 weeks ago I picked up a pair of 120g 4x2x2 tanks with a pair of Ehiem pro 3 filters. Plans are to redo the office where there is an L shape 8ft of tanks side by side one way then the 240g 6ft tank the other. Pic is just holding some of my koi pond fish at the time the pic was taken a few weeks ago.

qB5ZYx.jpg

Then in this pic, this is how it has been for the past year

NcYEEp.jpg

Now yesterday I started work on the new project.

Got the upright cabinet moved and broke down the 75g bleekeri & spotted silver dollar tank and was able to get that moved over into the rock wall where the Jag tank use to be. The bleekeri tank with the 3D background looks really nice mounted in the rock wall since I made them both pretty much the same colors even though they were not going to be together at the time when I made them.

Probably start moving the things off the wall that the tanks will go up against today and then start measuring and marking out exactly where the tanks will be going in relation to the big 240g tank. Then comes to fun job of moving both 120g tanks again.

lqFscy.jpg
64gZQ9.jpg
Z7MEjy.jpg

LNwUVo.jpg
6AKMyr.jpg

Got the 2nd tanks stand built and in place now with tank on it. She's a tight fit. Actually plan to pull it back out tomorrow though. On the back left corner there is a slight gap between the very corner of the tank and stand top which I don't like so going to remove and redo the back upper piece so it sits flush. Other than that got some good progress done.

Thanks. Lots of coffee helps lol. Seriously though, I'm just one of those personality types where I need to have something going or a project to work on pretty much all the time or I get bored/depressed. The hardest thing for me to do is to just sit and do nothing for very long. It can be a good thing but also a bad thing at times as well.

Didn't get as much done today as I planned too, some things came up and didn't get a chance to work on the tanks or stands, but I was able to get a bit more done on the area. Since I had to move around some furniture to make everything still fit I decided to make a stained wood railing to section off the sitting/viewing area now.
MjwgxD.jpg
y1DX1U.jpg
PTHbOh.jpg

Steve,

With all of your tanks do you have any humidity issues in your house? It does look like a relaxing spot to sit and think. Looking forward to the finished product. At least until Version 3.1 comes out.

Les

Thanks guys. Les - no issues with humidity at all. I keep all my tanks pretty much fully enclosed with glass lids so that isn't a problem. If I just ran open tops or tops that were made from light defisuer panels like some guys I know then I would have some issues and have to run a dehumidifier. Glass tops cost a bit more to buy but not having to run a dehumidifier saves more in the long run.

5jZ32t.jpg
MpPbNb.jpg

Lots of progress tonight. Thankfully I have most the building materials now because I went through the Lowes gift cards in record time lol. Still some more trim work to be done but stands are starting to look like something now. Stand on the left will house a 29g QT tank hidden inside it once done.

I like how it's shaping up. Will look good full of background and fish.

However, I think you should set up one of those tanks as a herpetarium. Couple colorful lizards or snakes in there.