Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Attention to all Swapmeisters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

This stickie will  apply mainly to those hosting our swaps, known hereafter as Swap Meister, or  SM.  For those of you who have done many swaps this is nothing new, simply bringing together the things Steve has been working on for several years now.

1. All SMs will send to me by PM or at ( [email protected] ) their name, address, email address and phone number. If you have sent this to Steve or Smalliehunter the info is stored and I will build the datebase of recognized Swap Meisters for the board.

2. If you wish to run a swap you must have participated in 3 completed swaps in good standing before you can run your own swap.

3. If a board member volunteers for one of your swaps and is a no-show this should be reported to me to add to the person's banning from future swaps. This should only be done if you have made attempts to contact the person through PM or email and they just don't respond. 

4. If a member is in your swap and life gets in the way it is his responsibility to contact you as soon as possible. Many things can keep a person from finishing their commitment and if he contacts you and explains this he is not going to be banned from future swaps unless this becomes a further problem with the member.

5. If the situation in 4. does happen on your swap it is your responsibility to make every attempt to find a last minute fill in for the drop out. I know I can often jump in to fill a spot at the last minute and some other of our retirees might also be able to keep the swap complete.

6. As SM you have responsibilities just as those participating in your swap do. It would be great if everyone makes deadline but not always going to happen. It is one of your responsibilities to keep an updated list on front page of flies as they arrive. When last flies arrive it is yours to turn around promptly and get flies back on their way. In no case should this be more than a week from last arrival to return mailing.