Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Bream/Panfish Box swap

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

I agree, just 10 or 12 flies is a bit low for a swap like this. I'm a slow tyer and I'm up to 13 already. Biggest time-suck is just figuring out what to tie next to make a good variety.

that's why I opted out of this one, after doing two similar ones of Mike's I am burned out on thinking up new patterns for a bit.

#17 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

Im opting out

#18 Kudu

Kudu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

Swap cancelled. I was going to cover return postage. I wanted something quick and easy. Ill catch up with you guys later.

#19 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

I was looking forward to this one but, honestly, I was really digging the flies I've tied for it. :D

I'll watch for your next swap.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2018-06-03 19.56.10.jpg

Tight lines,
David

#20 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

Yep, I hope I didn't screw this up but damned if I just didn't finish 19 & 20 a short while ago. As I looked at them I thought, hell, I'd be set at any of our local ponds for most anything. Just lacking bigger bass poppers and I could stick a couple of those on my hat if I need them. Well, I volunteered to send some flies to a guy for a benefit as door prizes and this should do fine. Thanks for the attempt but it was kind of confusing and bad time of year for swaps anyway with school just out and everyone making family plans.

Nick