Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Essential Fly Box

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 r2732

r2732

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:10 PM

The flies arrived today.  Thanks everyone.

Walt Ryan

#77 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:32 PM

Okay, now that they're going out let me tell me what I tied. It is a heavily palmered Crackleback that should float well with a little floatant. The extended leader is tied right under the fly body and the ring is so you can take any of the extra flies and use a 4x-6x dropper of any length you need to give 'em the double whammy. Of course, any of the flies will stand alone if you choose to fish them that way. Hope it works out for you. 

ps...yes, got mine today also including 3 Christmas packages and a shipment from JS Stockard so I can get cracking on the caddis swap.

#78 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

Flies have arrived and it looks like there is one for just about any occasion.  Thanks for hosting BB and thanks to all the tyers.  Happy Thanksgiving.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#79 Joshpilon08

Joshpilon08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

Got my set today. And boy they look great. Good job everyone.

#80 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

Got mine. Great flies!! Thanks BB

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#81 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:07 PM

Got mine. Thanks BB