Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tcruikshank

Hello from Canada

I've been lurking for a while and thought it was about time to say hello. I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada. I've fished all my life, but only began fly fishing about 5 or 6 years ago, and just took up tying my own flies last year.

I really enjoy seeing the many flies posted by some very talented participants here. I'd like to say a huge Thanks to all those who take the time to share their talents.

We have many species here, such as Smallmouth Bass, Pickerel, Striped Bass, and Brown Trout, but my real love and about 99% of my fishing is for native Brook Trout. I do a bit of hunting, also, so I try to make flies that incorporate some of the Rabbit, Grouse, Pheasant, Ducks, Deer and other wildlife harvested locally.

My flies are nowhere near the quality of most of what is posted here, but I do hope to be able to share some of them with you.

Thanks,

Tim

Welcome to the forum, Tim. I knew a Kat Cruikshank, many years ago on the FF@ list. She was living in Toronto at the time, not sure where she was originally from. Excellent flyfisher, tyer and artist.

Welcome Tim. You have some Atlantic Salmon in your territory...ever think about swinging some flies for them? Give it a try, once you do you'll be hooked!