Fly Tying
breambuster

No Email Notifications

Since I moved and changed my email address, I am no longer receiving email notifications when I get a PM or when someone replies to any of my posts. Does anyone know a fix for this? I have tried adding the email address from an old reply to the old email address but that didnt help. If someone else has had success with that, maybe I put in the wrong email address, so tell me what to put.

Thanks

Breambuster

Top right> your user name- drop down> My Settings- Profile Settings- Email and Password will allow you to change your email- also under Profile Settings you can change your Notification Options (when you get emailed)

Be sure to save changes at bottom of page

Okay ... don't jump on me for asking stupid questions. I'm good at trouble shooting engine problems over the phone ... but only when I am given enough information. Maybe I can help here.

First, so I am not assuming anything ... If you're on a cell phone, nothing I say here applies. It might, but I am NOT on a cell phone, and I know some things are very different there.

Second, you have clicked the "down arrow" by your name, and gone to the "Notifications Options" page for your name, correct?

Fly Tying → My control panel → Settings → Notification Options

That page allows you to select which items you want to be notified for. I would recommend clicking them ALL off ... saving that, then going back in and clicking the ones you want on. Save again, and see if that helps.

Ok. I hope I have jumped through all the necessary hoops. Somebody say something so I can check it out. Mikechell, are you an auto mechanic? If so, can I PM you a car question?

BB

I'm mostly Motorcycle and Outboards ... but I've got a fair amount of auto experience, too. What's your question, I'll see if I can help. I'll immediately let you know if I can't, too.

I hope your notifications system is working now.

So far, I’ve tried everything suggested here and nothing has changed. I’ve even tried changing from a Hughes.net email address to a gmail.com email address and I’m still not getting email notifications. Does anyone have any further suggests as to how to solve this problem.

Thanks

BB