Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

pill canisters???

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 streamcaddis

streamcaddis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

I have been using pill boxes for years. I use the ones that have four slots each. I put the name type and number of the hook on the side of the box and put the size on the top of the compartment, i.e. 10,12,14,16. They work great, they used to have smaller pill boxes but I ant find them any more. I have also used some clear plastic fly boxes for my travel bag because they don't take up all the space. yahoo.gif hysterical.gif yahoo.gif
I was tying flies and fly fishing before it got trendy.

#17 mnorton

mnorton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

I use them to mail flies in works pretty good ......put a little bubble wrap and off you go....mike biggrin.gif
[s]TIGHT LINES AND SCREEMIN REELS YEE HAW

#18 skeet3t

skeet3t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:13 PM

Howdy! I've been off the forum for a while and frequenting the RBF as I have expanded my horizons. That's another way of saying I've found another way to spend money. Just clicked on this post and got some good info. Dubbing, chenille, and tinsel will have a new home. A close friend got me onto something else- plastic snuff cans. Clean them out, peel the label, clean the glue off with paint thinner. Viola! You have a handy storage box for extra flies, good cheap fly boxes for your vest. My friend gets by with a fanny pack, a couple of pieces of tippet, a couple of snuff cans and a few other items while I struggle into my overloaded vest. Enjoyed the post and good to be back. See you again.

John Torchick

So much water, so little time!
Enjoying the Creation, Praising the Creator!

#19 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:36 AM

I collect these from my mother in law, shes on 8 or 9 meds. I use them when I give flies away to friends and family. I leave on the "Take plenty of water" lables" Then make my own prescription lable "Use for stress releaf as often as possible."
"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#20 J.Z

J.Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

eh, i just put all of my dry fly hooks in one baggie, and i look for the size of the hook needed smile.gif