Fly Tying
mikechell

traveling to new destinations

I am preparing to travel for the "Government" training season. My first trip will put me in the Los Angeles area the weekend of April 12th/13th.

Anyone from that area care to offer some fresh water shoreline fishing opportunities? I'll be just south of LAX, but will drive some distance on weekend days.

wow sorry nobody has replied, and I have zero experience there BUT I have read there can be some really interesting saltwater beach fishing for smaller species right in the LA area.... and if that fails, I'm sure the scenery will be outstanding!!

Thank you, sir.

I am looking forward to the trip. My hotel is within walking distance of a park with a pond in it ... so I might be covered for Saturday. I've never had a problem exploring for fishing opportunities, so I'll be fine. I did some fishing on the New England coast ... caught a bunch of small striped bass. Maybe I'll catch some of those Porgy perch or something out there.

Scenery is always outstanding. I love travelling across this Country and the world.

Mike

Check out www.jeffcurrier.com I'm sure he has fished in the area.

Mike

I did a little Googling for "freshwater fishing California" and got some interesting websites, one which lists all the lakes and rivers, and can be sorted by socal or nocal. There's a guide named JD who has a site on which he lists his five best lakes. If you don't get any help from a member (hard to believe there aren't lots of them in socal), you might have to resort to doing your own research.

Good luck!

Thanks, FlaFly.

TakeMeFishing.org has some good info for just about anywhere in the country. It's my first search when traveling.

I also searched the member list for California and found a large number. A few of them are frequent posters to FTF. Maybe if you had entitled your post "traveling to California", some of these guys might have stepped up.

So, I am back from California. Next week, I travel to the temperate zone ... Cape May, NJ. I'll be there for two weeks, with the weekend of March 1st and 2nd for some fishing.

Then a week in Maryland. I probably won't be fishing much in Maryland, since I won't have a weekend there.

On the road again, soon.

I'll be in the area of PAX River NAS in two weeks. Anybody from that area? Know any places I can fish after work each day? Got any reports of fish being caught?

i will be moving down to southern md in a couple of months for work and have been researching the area extensively. there are quite a few parks with lakes in that area. go to google maps and look for parks around there and then google the park. pretty good info. mostly warmwater stuff in this area. good luck

I'm all packed and ready to get on the flight tomorrow morning. A few hours in New York JFK Airport and then on to Africa. Monrovia, Liberia, to be more exact and for those that haven't seen me post this on other threads.

I'll be there for two weeks, so I am hoping I'll get a chance to fish for something. I don't know how good the internet will be, so there might not be anything from me for a little over two weeks.

I'm all packed and ready to get on the flight tomorrow morning. A few hours in New York JFK Airport and then on to Africa. Monrovia, Liberia, to be more exact and for those that haven't seen me post this on other threads.

I'll be there for two weeks, so I am hoping I'll get a chance to fish for something. I don't know how good the internet will be, so there might not be anything from me for a little over two weeks.

Nothing for two whole weeks?!?!???

Thank gosh!!!!... Ummmm... I meant Awww Man! ;) Have fun and catch some bigguns!

Nothing for two whole weeks?!?!???

Thank gosh!!!!... Ummmm... I meant Awww Man! wink.png Have fun and catch some bigguns!

Has anybody ever told you you're funny? I didn't think so. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the "bigguns" wish ... at this point, I am just hoping to be able to fish. Situations there might not be conducive to hanging out alone anywhere.