Fly Tying
airedale

How Many Flies are in Your Collection?

How Many Flies do You Have?  

294 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope I have enough options. Some of you probably have way more. Oh, and if you own a fly shop, don't include all the flies in your shop. Just your personal collection. I have about 294 flies. Might have miscounted. Now that I look at that number, I feel like I might have a bit of a small collection actually.

over 5,000 and growing closer to 10 i think..to many to count anymore,.

Where do you store all of them? :dunno:

Approaching about 20,000 - over 34 years. They are kept in Myran, De Witt, Wheatley, Orvis, CF and some other brands of boxes that are no longer manufactured,

Some of them are here:

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/2008/07/1...r-the-sunlight/

PT/TB :blink:

I took a guess at having about 1,500. I'm not really sure but I know I have a rediculous amount of flies and I really need to get out fishing more often cause most of them are not being put to use. I wasn't really blessed with much good close water, but I now have a driver's liscense! and hopefully will be getting out more.

I have about 400 or so "fishable" flies and then ~100 that I use as models or display. Many of the later are tied by well respected tiers or friends and I don't want them at the bottom of a river :rolleyes:

I gave away about 150 to my brother and have a shade under 500 for myself. Now that my boxes are full I would like to tie stuff for my Dad and friends and any replacements I may need due to loss.

I counted this morning and counted roughly 1200. So I was off a little on my guess but I'm sure it won't take long to get up to 1500.

I have in the area of 40,000. I guided for a while and I have 3-4 fly Boxes for each other species I go after. I am a bit anal when it comes to flies. I went Redfish fishing in December for the first time and tied up around 200 flies for that trip alone.

I would say I have 25,000+ for trout alone!!!

Rick