Fly Tying
flytire

radar detector

What good are radar detectors? The state Police I know of do not have their radar on. They do a visual estimation of your speed and when you get close they turn on the radar to verify. Your detector will go off but it's to late, gotcha.

My brother in law has gotten 2 speeding tickets this way.

I never did use one, but, I recall reading some years ago that the new improved radar was such that the detectors had lost their edge. As rstraight mentioned it just takes a second or so to read your speed and by the time you get the beep they got you. Some states and cities had banned them back when, and you could get a ticket just for having it in the vehicle, or so the brother in law trucker told me.

I set my cruise control at 2 miles over the posted limit. I am still the slowest vehicle on the road ... until I get behind someone texting or talking on their phone.

I've never needed a radar detector. They should more "illegal" than driving without a seat belt.

I'm all for speed limit cameras ... catching every person who goes by at more than 5 over the limit.

I am definitely FOR red light cameras, too.

Unless I'm the only one on the road, I seldom look at the speedometer ; I try to drive the same speed as those around me, I think that is safer than forcing others to suddenly slow down and then crowd the the lane to pass. I have noticed no matter how fast the traffic is moving the cops will be in the left going faster.

I've turned into a slow poke. when the limit is 65 I usually like cruising at 53 to 61 mph. But, there was a time when I treated all roads like a race track.

Same here,set the cruise control at the speed limit or 5mph over.

My son-in-law has the latest greatest high tech one and he has a speeding tickets.

I tell him all the time whats the hurry son slow down All youre doing is risking lives.

Oh and he just became a fireman ????

When I see people texting or looking thier phone on the Internet I purposely float my car over the white line just to give them a thrill.... seriously thinking about getting a train horn on my truck to really make their heart skip a beat

😉

Regarding people not paying attention;

I put a new horn on the motorcycle this spring. I have a lot of people drifting over on me. Even with the loud exhaust its not as bad but still happens.

The first car that started to drift over on me with the new horn was worth the cost. When I let the horn rip the driver about crapped his britches. That was fun.

ive noticed my gas mileage go up when i set the cruise to under the speed limit on the highway

where are all these fools going at 85 mph?

Usually just to the next red light. I always shake my head in dismay when some moron flies up behind you, cuts over flying by, and you can see him changes lanes another 2-3 times ahead of you while speeding....only to pull up right next to him at the next stoplight, he gained absolutely nothing. World is full or morons these days.

ive noticed my gas mileage go up when i set the cruise to under the speed limit on the highway

The speed limit in the DFW metroplex is 70 to 75 mph so break that by 5mph and there you go.

I have people pass me every day doing well over 100 mph...With thier face in the phone!!!

Get into West Texas and East New Mexico and the speed limits are like 80-85

Set the cruise control at 90....Ive had 18 wheelers passed me at 100 miles an hour

I set the cruise 10 miles over the speed limit and still get blown of the road. By the police!

I look for that magic spot at 8-9mph over limit that I hope is the PTF. Police Tolerance Factor. When I blow by a cop on side of road I never hit brakes or panic, just watch that he doesn't come out after me. On my cycle had no cruise but regularly ran 85-90 on bike. 75 years old, last ticket for anything at 18 years old and never stopped since except for a warning ticket 30 in a 25 at midnight.

I've turned into a slow poke. when the limit is 65 I usually like cruising at 53 to 61 mph. But, there was a time when I treated all roads like a race track.

You are one of the hazards on the road. You cause normal speed traffic to have to bunch up in your lane and high speed traffic on left lane must be entered to get past you. In some states, MN being one of them, you can be ticketed for causing traffic to back up and people to take chances getting into left lane. You might think you're a safe driver but to others you're a hazard on the road and have probably caused accidents you've blithely driven away from.