Fly Tying
Bimini15

Almost done with the hurricane shutters...

Just helped my dad for 3 hours, lots of fun if you ask me(sarcastic). But I do think we should send a package as a group to the Bahamas and Haiti, wondering what you guys think...

Agreed. Hopefully it's just a few days off from work. Looks like it could get nasty in your neck of the woods bimini. Even worse up the treasure and space coast. We're keeping a close eye on it as well and made preparations today. We're 60 miles from the coast and with a storm of this magnitude that ain't far enough to take it lightly. I've ridden a couple out in the past that were cat 2 and we were several miles from the eye but had extensive damage. Porches ripped off and roofs peeled back. We had a 30 ft. galvanized boat covering that was wrapped around an oak tree. I think spin off tornadoes were to blame. Some people get all excited about hurricanes, me not so much.. except for the football team.

I wish you and yours well bimini. Be safe these next couple days!

Thanks Caloosa.

We have gone through a couple and I actually do enjoy hurricanes.

There's something about the brutal show of force that is just awesome.

Good luck all you folks in the area!

We have a snow storm with high winds going on right now, doesn't blow the windows out and flood my house.

Board up the windows and hope for the best my brothers and sisters!

I was in a major Hurricane on Long Island in the mid 50s. Since then I have lived in areas usually not prone to hurricanes. This will be the first one I have seen since. Just 30 miles from the coast, we will have some pretty heavy winds estimates are in the 70 to 80 MPH here in Orlando. The islands east of us are under an evacuation order, and traffic has been quite heavy on all west bound routes.

We have the usual supplies stocked up, and our only real worry is the damn oak trees that we are not allowed to cut down. I have 5 in my yard, and 2 more bordering my property. Hopefully they will fall away from the house.

Good luck to all on the east coast.

My prayers and thoughts will be with you guys down south. Especially on the immediate coast. Be safe.

Be safe and prayers for a quick passing without incident to all along the south east coast. I Am currently in the process of moving to Daytona Beach literally. With a uhaul outside St. Louis at the moment. Staying a couple days to delay arrival until Monday.

We're about 20 miles west of New Smyrna ... so we won't get a direct hit, but it's possible we'll get 60 to 100 mph winds. Got our house boarded up. Mother-in-law's house isn't. Hopefully, her house will make it through. We're trying to talk her into coming to our house with her dogs, but she wants to stay home.

Since I've done all the work ... you can all thank me when Matthew turns harmlessly out to open ocean.

Wishful thinking, that. Good luck to any of you within the danger zone.

100 mph winds is not something to take lightly.

Here now they say we may get up to 75 mph, which IMO is borderline not worth putting up shutters. We will see...

Well it looks like we are going to be spared here on the south end of lake o thankfully. It just stinks I have to go in to work tomorrow after being off the last two days. I'll gladly take it though, rather than dealing with power outages and clean up.

Good luck Mike and everyone else up your way.