Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

Fishing resolutions

We will have time to talk about New Year's resolutions. This thread is about THIS year's resolutions.

I am 1/2.

I did get back into tying more regularly. Thank you all because the forum has helped with that.

But I still have not caught a tarpon. Of course, this was highly unlikely when I did not get close to saltwater but a couple of days all year.

How did you guys do?

I am a realists. I don't make resolutions because I know I'll never keep them.

Actually, it's not a matter of keeping them, it's a matter of remembering I even made them. Can't keep what you can't remember.

ive never kept a fishing log/journal so i'm not about to start keeping fishing/tying resolutions

CRS (cant remember sh!t) is quite prevelant

i fish when i want and i tie when i want

My resolution was to fish with only my flies all season. And I stuck to it. No store bought flies for me this year.

ive never kept a fishing log/journal so i'm not about to start keeping fishing/tying resolutions

Me too, Fortunately that is about every day- until iced out.Then tying and more tying

Me too, Fortunately that is about every day- until iced out.Then tying and more tying

Still Bimini, crashed expectations are a great source of humor... if one does not take one's self too seriously. I will watch this thread with much interest... glad you thought of it.. My resolution: stop being too much of a Platte River, Flathead, you know - with a "...mouth a mile-wide and a brain an inch deep..." Oops, now I am sorry you asked ;)

I decided to fish more last year and failed miserably. So this year I plan to fish less and then I can't let myself down.

Oh and have a dog now so plan to train her to sit politely on the bank.

I decided to fish more last year and failed miserably. So this year I plan to fish less and then I can't let myself down.

You will never regret hanging out, More and More,with Canine-Americans, plus those with white coats are great source of translucent, baitfish filler, fibers.... #we.don't.need.No.Artic.Fox....

You will never regret hanging out, More and More,with Canine-Americans, plus those with white coats are great source of translucent, baitfish filler, fibers.... #we.don't.need.No.Artic.Fox....

er, I mean, Canine-Brits... hope that dog is a white, Terrier

I definitely feel I have improved my tying by 10 fold this year. I have learned a ton from this forum and from time at the vise and on the water.

However no snook on fly.. which I didn't spend much time targeting them.

And I'm not sure my little Shakespeare non drag reel would have handled a 39 incher like I landed last weekend on conventional tackle.

And no peacock yet. Plans kept getting changed and a cold front forced me to wait till warmer weather.

I wanted to ty more, buy more, fish more! 2 out of 3 aint bad! Next year plan to coastal seatrout fish a lot, already know the times, temps & water hights a bit, have to learn how to read the water & try new places!

For tying... hmmm... I'd like to try to do at least a dozen flies each morning.

Don't be an over-achiever, I am happy to WAKE UP Each morning ;)