Fly Tying
Flat Rock native

TGIF-Need a great Bloody Mary recipe

to toast the members of this forum. December is shaping up as another great month with awesome flies posted and terrific commentary and insights. Really, I need a "Virgin Mary" but don't want to get penalized for religious speech. Toasting y'all with or without the alcohol. Cheers.

ps. will be happy with the fly recipe too, to keep this tying related ; )

Will get some Old Bay on Saturday... and try it for sure.. Don't have the spices to prepare either right now...

Any other mixologist types offering some tips? I love Tomato drinks and am willing to sample several. Just sayin...

Nor on mine Mike but I will be piloting a tying or recliner chair next day or two.

When I fish I am totally absorbed in that alone and have to remind myself to drink water and eat snacks. The next cast is always the one that produces the trophy catch.

Hmm, I think I will start a thread like Poopdecks Show us your Vessel only featuring tying chairs. Have I mentioned my best tying partner: Chairimiah Johnson?

Nor on mine Mike but I will be piloting a tying or recliner chair next day or two.

When I fish I am totally absorbed in that alone and have to remind myself to drink water and eat snacks. The next cast is always the one that produces the trophy catch.

Hmm, I think I will start a thread like Poopdecks Show us your Vessel only featuring tying chairs. Have I mentioned my best tying partner: Chairimiah Johnson?

You can say that again...Oh wait...you did. Back in my drinking days a bloody Mary was anything alcoholic tossed in with tomato juice. Had a friend one time who got drunk on bloody Marys in Las Vegas and woke up the next afternoon with this recollection of being sick but bathroom was clean. Figured maybe maid service while he slept, then he opened his dresser drawer to get dressed and found out why the bathroom was clean. Bad start to an exciting weekend in the town of Lost Wages.

My morning after cure used to be Mad Dog 20 half and half with tomato juice. And I claimed I wasn't an alcoholic. Living in LaLa land.

Dang it vicrider Once again I keep looking like a doofus because I cant control these devices. I have to leave up this duplicate post now, otherwise your comic Reply will make no sense. I do know how to use the edit button however .

I know, I know people are still thinking hes a doofus even if he knows how to use the edit button

Wish I could blame it on drinking but Im totally sober and will remain so this weekend until quite a few more projects are finished, like playing with a tablesaw and multiple sharp instruments

Yea saws and drinking aren't a good mix, I've always thought power tools are not you're friend they're untrustworthy allies.

I like my Bloody Marys with gin instead of vodka.

I like Bloody Mary I typically use zing zang. I love a good chelada as well. Drinking is now relegated to tying. Back in the day, I drank like a pirate while fishing. Now I just fish. Sometimes, I dont even care if I catch anything. I do love a good beverage at the end of the day with friends after the fishing is done.

I like Bloody Mary I typically use zing zang. I love a good chelada as well. Drinking is now relegated to tying. Back in the day, I drank like a pirate while fishing. Now I just fish. Sometimes, I dont even care if I catch anything. I do love a good beverage at the end of the day with friends after the fishing is done.

Thanks Kudu, sounds like we are in the same boat these days on consuming while fishing, bad pun somewhat intended...

Tomatoes juice, Worcestershire sauce,lemon juice,good polish vodka, and a touch of old bay seasoning. Always better with good friends.

Cheers!!

Try livening up the vodka with V-8 juice instead of plain tomato juice & could also swap out lemon for lime, or a splash of both juices plus a dash of salt & a good grinding of pepper, a little celery salt along with a celery stalk, a drop or 2 of Tabasco & twice as much Worchester sauce. Pass on the Old Bay as it's far better on hard shells unless you need more flavor.

All, keep posting. I am literally going to try every suggestion. My health care provider has limited my approved intake and I follow her orders stringently. So right now it looks like it will take me about 2 weeks to sample one of each recipe or suggestions. Although, I could cheat and not add vodka on several while checking the gin and bourbon suggestions first. So many problems that I create for myself. ;)

FRn and Betty White.

Following doctor's orders and only having one glass of alcoholic drink a day.