Fly Tying
Bimini15

Notable FTF Alumni

It has happened a few times that, searching the forum for info, famous names come accross as participants in discussions. Kirk Dietrich and Pat Cohen come to mind right now.

What other tiers are on the list of notable FTF alumni?

Al Beatty,Bud Guidry,Damien Welsh,Ron Lucas,Davie McPhail,Dave Carne,Charley Craven.Back in ye ole days of FTF these guys and more were on here A LOT!I still keep in contact with a bunch of them and have their flies in my collection from swaps of days past!

I remember when I just got started on FTF...Those days were amazing!There was so much info going around it was unbelievable!FTF used to do a "Fly tyre of the year" contest.I remember all the big name guys generally won and to see their work was really a big inspiration for myself and I'm sure for quite a few others.I bet Mr.Mullis spent the better part of a season photographing and cataloging all those flies!

A lot of those guys taught me to tie along with a host of others.Now I hope I can pass that knowledge along to someone else and keep the tradition alive!

Cool! I honestly had no idea that those people were on this forum. One notable person that I emailed a couple times was with Dick Brown, the bonefish master. He taught me about a couple solid techniques for some bone bugs that I still use. Other than that...

However, one must not forget steel drifter. That man is so dedicated and helpful to this forum, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't even get paid! Right on Steve