Fly Tying
TitanFlies

Hackle Color Pole

Hackle Colors  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I keep searching for a nice dark dun, with a little brown in it. I have one, but its almost gone.

Flat olive grizzley, perfect coachman brown, medium dark dun, sandy dun, cream, and perfect grizzley.

So many colors so little time, Cheers, Futzer.

Flat olive grizzley, perfect coachman brown, medium dark dun, sandy dun, cream, and perfect grizzley.

So many colors so little time, Cheers, Futzer.

If only my checking account could keep up with my hackle fascination... I'd buy every pelt that ever came off a chicken.

I voted dun. I probably tie the most with it, but it depends on what I'm tying. I agree with all of the above as a good choice.

Jeremy

It really depends on the bug i am imitating. If I am doing a caddis I will stick with the Brown end of the spectrum, mosquito's and gnats get the grizzlies, the blacks and the grays. Mayflies run the gamut, PMD's get a tanish yellow, BWO's a dark grey, DUDE! My brain is startin to smoke, to much to think about!

Due to finding that the bluegills around here just LOVE the brown hackle peacock, I went for brown. Unfortunately, I've run out, so I'm using grizzly until I can restock!

:rolleyes: