Fly Tying

So, my son and I made plans to go fishing last Saturday. This is what we woke up to...

34g7hax.jpg

xo0ho2.jpg

9gwy8l.jpg

I didn't let that stop us, although I wish I had. It was about 1C (34F) and it rained the entire morning.

Our perserverence paid off, though, we were rewarded with about a dozen of these:

2pselx2.jpg

The one in the pic was caught on a red/black simi seal leech

rrkymd.jpg

But most of them that day were caught on these. Brown wooly bugger with dark brown grizzly hackle and snowshoe hare for a tail.

313pzq9.jpg

I was out last Thursday in similar conditions. We started out at 25 degrees and ended up around 45 degrees. There was a lot of time spent clearing ice from the guides and warming up, but we managed 9 fish between us, so not too bad.

Beauty of a brookie. They are such a special fish. I hear ya on the brrrrrr. This has been the coldest spring I can remember here in Mi. Finally warmed up yesterday and today but supposed to drop back into the 40/50s again for a few days now. That should be the last of the cold after that I hope.

Nice man! Beautiful fish

You're going to hate me a little, but it was 92 degrees earlier this week... and I've never been in snow lol.