Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JSzymczyk

First Fire Flies are out!!

tonight while coming home from Yellow Breeches I saw the first "hatch" of fireflies! Probably means nothing to the fish, but it is always something cool to see- the little bioluminescent flashes in the gathering gloom... SUMMMER is here! Next weekend will find us at my parent's home, fishing the Farnsworth Branch for brookies and the Allegheny for smallies, pike, big browns, and whatever other monsters are there. And truly, there be monsters there!! Might get 2 days of fishing in, and it will be good.

I do miss fireflys. I had forgotten about them until last summer living in Asheville NC. I loved sitting on the patio drinking a beer after a long day and watching them light up. Have fun fishun.

I had one get in my house the other night. I was trying to go to sleep and

the little thing was lighting up my bedroom like a strobe light at 2 a.m. Good luck

and have fun fishing next weekend, Joel.

Mike

They have been out since about may 13th around here. I was quite surprised about how early they were out. Also have been seeing alot of JuneBugs moving about in the grass early in the mornings lately..

Cheers,

Chris

amen, i live in pennsyvania and it seems like the only hatches we have are of bugs of little importance to trout, my luck right. well its great to know its finally summer

Sat around the fireplace outback last week and had a talk with my cat about how those little lightning bugs are off limits. He listened, wasn't happy about it, but he sat by my feet. Watching them instantly brings your childhood before your face and your voice is a lot lighter and amazing speed comes into the bones. Yup, love those fire bugs.